Battle for Nürnberg 2019
Fall of the Reich
October 4-6, 2019 Youngstown, Ohio
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
G.I. Registration here
German Registration here
THIS IS NOT A TACTICAL
Nürnberg will mark the second in a series of ETO immersion reenacting events. The scenario was chosen to show the desperation during the final downfall of the Third Reich. We aim to bring an increased level of realism to ww2 reenacting. As such, the event will be organized and run like the respective military units during the time period. Be prepared to live the life of a soldier for the entire weekend.
We are running this event off of 5 basic philosophies
- Visual authenticity is paramount to all other aspects of reenacting. Nothing should enter the field that could ruin a photograph. This is the foundation of all reenacting and the key difference to other hobbies like airsoft or paintball, etc…
- Command: All participants are expected to communicate where they are and what they are doing with their chain of command. Communication breakdowns cause event breakdowns. They are expected to follow orders and stay with their unit.
- Respect: All participants are expected to remain civil and respectful to their fellow reenactors, event staff, the site, the site owner, and the city of Youngstown. You might have to interact with people you don't like, treat them with respect like an adult.
- Inclusivity: Anyone who follows these rules and meets the authenticity guidelines is welcome to attend.
WHAT TO EXPECT
AKA, please actually read this
Nurnberg is an immersion event. We are not competing for a winner and a loser. We are not here to fight over 70-year-old political ideologies. We are not here just to bust caps. We are attempting to get as close as is possible in the US without a time machine to simulating the experience of a soldier fighting in Nurnberg.
As such, we are not prioritizing maximum combat exposure. Some of you might be in intense combat for hours straight, Some of you may not see as much combat and spend a lot of your weekend eating rations, digging trenches, and reading an original newspaper. Be prepared for both outcomes. If you and your squad are tired of action or bored of inaction, tell your commander, and we will attempt to fulfill your needs.
Please listen to your commanding officer, platoon leader, and squad leader, and make sure they know who and where you are. They should make sure you know who and where they are too. Listen to them, and they will listen to you.
This event will occur rain or shine as long as it is safe. Weather in Ohio in October is utterly unpredictable. Bring cold weather gear and rain protection but don’t be surprised if you don’t use it. Don’t be a fair weather ranger and skip the event if there’s rain in the forecast. The real soldiers didn’t have the luxury.
There is a strong emphasis on authenticity at this event. If you have any questions, ASK!!! We have an incredibly supportive community that would be glad to help you with anything you might need.
You can reach the event staff directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can look for the group on FB at
Thank you for actually reading this!!
TENTATIVE EVENT SCHEDULE
THIS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME
Site address: 300 E Dennick Ave, Youngstown OH (its the big abandoned factory at the end of the street, you can't miss it)
Thursday 03 October
Friday 05 October (17 April 1945)
- 0800- gunfire permitted on site
- 1200- operation briefings (please try to be here by this point)
- 1700-1900 supper distribution
- 2000 CEASEFIRE as per Police orders
- 2000 and beyond: patrolling and fire watch
- 2200 reg closes for the night
Saturday 06 October (18 April 1945)
- 0700 Reg reopens, breakfast distribution begins
- 0800 gunfire allowed on site
- 1100 registration closes
- 2000 CEASEFIRE as per Police orders, scenario ends
- 2000 and beyond- free socialization
Sunday 07 October (19 April 1945)
- Open schedule in the morning for free photography and packing up
- 1200 site closes. You gotta leave
Please note that there is a secret schedule of combat operations in order to keep the battle moving throughout the weekend. You are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to stay Friday morning-Saturday night in order to keep the event moving.
-More coming soon-
Heer: KG 352 VG. Div
SS: 17 SS Pz. Gren. Div.
Irregulars: Volkssturm, LW, Female Aux.
US 3rd Infantry Division
IF YOU BUY REG FOR SOMEONE ELSE YOU MUST LET US KNOW WHO IT IS.